A picture taken at the #Sochi Olympics by Canadian snowboarder Sebastien Toutant shows that there is some expected bathroom etiquette one must follow. Apparently, #toilet fishing is something that is highly frowned upon!
Cleaning is cleaning, right? Most of us have some experience when it comes to cleaning. As children, we probably learned to clean by helping our parents with the household chores. As adults, we probably spend more than a few hours a week vacuuming, dusting and maintaining our homes! Since most everyone knows how to clean, why not choose a cleaning service based on price? And why not save even more by doing it yourself?
The true value of a professional janitorial service is often poorly understood. A cleaning service should not be viewed as a cost or expense. A good cleaning service is actually an investment that can pay off in many ways, many times over. In fact, there are multiple and often overlooked advantages to using a professional cleaning service!
- A clean workplace makes a great impression, and can even set a business apart from its competitors. A potential client’s first impression of any business should be a clean, fresh smelling office. Dirty, smelly restrooms can really leave a negative impression with prospective customers and guests.
- A clean office is a healthier workplace. There is a direct correlation between a good cleaning program and improved employee health. A clean office can help increase productivity and decrease sick days. Needless to say, lowered productivity and increased sick days can cost an employer money.
- While no cleaning service can make everything look new, a good cleaning service can really help protect building assets. Regular cleaning will extend the life of carpeting, bathroom fixtures, tile, exhaust fans, wood, and furniture. Keeping hard water in kitchens and restrooms under control can really go a long way towards increasing the longevity of toilet bowls, sinks, and faucets.
- A clean building smells, looks, and feels like a nice place to work. Clean surroundings create a pleasant environment for building occupants!
- A good cleaning company will use up to date and well maintained equipment, such as vacuums with HEPA filtration systems. HEPA stands for high-efficiency particulate air filter. HEPA filters are designed to trap the majority of fine particulates in the machine, so they aren’t simply spewing dust back into the air.
- A quality janitorial service knows how to clean for the health and safety of building occupants. A good cleaning service is knowledgeable about the chemicals they use and their application. A credible cleaning service will not water down their cleaning chemicals and will spend the appropriate amount of time to allow the products to work effectively.
A professional janitorial service can play a vital role in the health, morale, and productivity of building occupants. A reputable cleaning service can help a company make a positive impression on clients and customers. An expert cleaning service will be your business partner. Investing in a professional cleaning service has many advantages, and who couldn’t use an advantage now and then?
For more information, please visit and “like” us on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/MetroCleaningServiceAlbuquerque
Where do these cute little guys come from, anyway?
It probably won’t surprise you to learn that these cute little dust balls aren’t actually bunnies! The exact composition of a dust bunny can vary depending on area, weather and season. Typically, house dust is composed of stuff like dead skin cells, hair, pet dander, carpet fibers, clothing fibers, pollen, dead insect parts, and other particulates that entered your home through the windows and was tracked in on the soles of shoes. Dust bunnies are usually held together in clumps because the fibers that compose them become entangled and get matted, much like lint does. There are also electrostatic forces between the dust particles themselves that help the bunnies form in the first place. They can actually be a little bit gross!
Keep dust bunnies under control with regular vacuuming and dusting.
Vacuum with a machine that has a HEPA filter. HEPA stands for high-efficiency particulate air filter. HEPA fliters are designed to trap most of the fine particulates in the machine, so they aren’t simply spewed them back into the air. Make sure to use the vacuum attachments every few months to reach dust that lurks under furniture, in sliding glass door tracks, behind the refrigerator and under other large household appliances. Metro Cleaning Service Albuquerque recommends using a microfiber cloth, dusting mitt, or a refillable duster instead of a feather duster. While feather dusters can be great for dusting delicate items such as figurines and small glass objects, they don’t do a great job at trapping dust. Dusting sprays can be a good choice when used in combination with a microfiber cloth.
Here’s hoping all your bunnies may be made of Chocolate!
Visit us and like our page at https://www.facebook.com/MetroCleaningServiceAlbuquerque for more cleaning tips!
Metro Cleaning Service Albuquerque is a commercial janitorial service and office cleaning company that serves Albuquerque and the surrounding area.
Everyone comes down with it sooner or later. The horrible stomach cramps, diarrhea and vomiting seem to come out of nowhere. People are forced to miss work. Parents are forced to stay home with sick children. Hours and hours of workplace productivity are lost each year to norovirus. It is common knowledge that 2013 has brought about one of the worst flu seasons yet. What you may not know is that flu season is still here! Although spring is on the way and the flu is not foremost on our minds, it is still all too easy to contract this dreaded illness!
The stomach flu that has recently made it’s way around the globe is a new strain of norovirus. This strain was first detected in Australia in 2012. From September 2012 to December 2012, it was the leading cause of outbreaks of the disease in the United States, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
How is norovirus spread?
Norovirus is commonly transmitted via inadequate hand washing by infected individuals. The virus is found in vomit and stool, and without proper hygiene will easily transfer to surfaces such as door handles, sinks and faucets, light switches, etc. The virus will survive on surfaces for a long time, infecting individuals that are unfortunate enough to come in contact with contaminated surfaces.
What can be done to prevent the spread of norovirus?
Proper hand washing is key in preventing the spread of norovirus. EFFECTIVE hand washing is not just a quick splash under the faucet and a shake off on the run. It involves soap, lather and proper technique. Mom was right! Done correctly, hand washing should take a minimum of 20 seconds! That may not seem like a long time, but try to time yourself the next time you wash up!
Cleaning professionals can play an important role in protecting the health of building occupants. The CDC advises cleaning nonporous and high-touch surfaces (e.g., door knobs, light switches, etc.) with a chlorine bleach solution of 5 to 25 tablespoons to each gallon of water. There are also many other commercial disinfectants registered as being effective against norovirus by the EPA. Make sure you read the labels and follow manufacturers instructions when using commercially available disinfectants!
Have a happy, norovirus free spring!
While nothing can completely prevent the spread of the stomach flu, effective hygienic hand washing and proper disinfecting can slow the transfer of the virus from one person to another! If you suspect an outbreak of norovirus (or any other illness) in your facility, contact your cleaning service provider and let them know! Metro Cleaning Service is always happy to partner with our clients to help protect the health and safety of building occupants!
Visit us and “like” us on FACEBOOK for more great tips! http://www.facebook.com/MetroCleaningServiceAlbuquerque
Here are some ways you can make your home or business smell great without buying expensive air fresheners.
Have a great Sunday! #metrocleaningabq